Working with Nicky Haslam Design, Orange Lighting took their initial lighting layout and worked it into a final design, incorporating the latest technologies in LED. We supplied all the architectural lighting including floor lighting, coffers, bookcase lighting and all downlighting.
Haslam’s highly decorative style with luxurious fixtures and fittings, was supported with discrete and effective architectural lighting, notably the amazingly shaped backlit coffers.
Featured in BBC2’s programme ‘Modern Times: Welcome to Mayfair’ (February 2015).
Key lighting decisions:
- Use extra warm white 2700K LED flexi tape to follow the unusual coffer shape. The tape was stuck along the contour facing back onto the coffer, creating a seamless line of light.
- 1-10V drivers used throughout for compatibility with the Lutron Controls.
- Lower output LED tape in frosted diffuser aluminium extrusions to light bespoke bookshelves.
- 2700K LED downlights used predominantly except in the kitchen and bathroom which suits 3000K better.
- Floor mounted LED uplights in doorways, lighting up architraves.