Nobu – Monte Carlo
Complete lighting consultancy working alongside interior designers Martin Hulbert Design, employed by the Fairmont Hotel Monte Carlo on behalf of the owners London & Regional.
A new addition for the worldwide chain of Nobu Sushi restaurants, opened December 2013. The original restaurant within the hotel underwent a complete transformation creating a light sophisticated interior cantilevered over the Mediterranean Sea.
Key lighting decisions:
- Enhance the ceiling mounted sculpture with dimmable drop rod LED pendants
- Create lighting focal points over key areas; bar, open sushi preparation areas, private dining areas.
- Scene sets triggered around dusk utilising an astronomical clock
- Layout of LED downlights to allow for a changeable seating plan.
- 2700K dimmable LED downlights
To our (sad) excitement, the hotel commands THE position at the iconic Formula 1 Grand Prix Fairmont hairpin bend, the slowest turn on the F1 circuit.
Nominated for various awards including the 2014 International Property Awards, best restaurant category.